About the voXmi School in the voXmi Network
A voXmi school is a language-friendly school. All languages are equal in the eyes of voXmi and every language is a building block towards a comprehensive language education for learners.
This is how we define voXmi:
- Valuing and fostering all of the languages used by our students, e.g. their language at home, second languages, foreign languages.
- A rich offering of language instruction.
- Carefully planned and accessible lessons that are ‘language-aware’ in all subjects in order to develop the linguistic competences of all students.
In order to achieve these aims, voXmi uses innovative, forward-thinking methods and digital technology, supported by a wide-ranging network that transcends linguistic and geographical boundaries.
The school network voXmi unites and supports schools that are united in their determination to build an inclusive, multi-lingual school environment. Here are the four fundamental aims which define their vision:
- voXmi –schools hold all languages to be equal in value and consider linguistic diversity to be a treasured resource.
- voXmi-schools provide students with a wide range of possibilities to learn languages from and with each other.
- voXmi-schools employ ‘language-aware’ teaching and learning strategies in all school subjects to ensure that all lessons are inclusive and accessible.
- voXmi-schools take full advantage of the language-learning opportunities resulting from digital media and ideally use them to overcome language barriers and communicate with other young people online.